VP of Safety and Compliance, Zonar Systems & LEAB Chairman
Fred Fakkema joined Zonar after 25 years with the Washington State Patrol (WSP). During his time with the WSP, he commanded the WSP Academy, Government and Relations Division, as well as the Commercial Vehicle Division.
Fred is the Past President for the FBI National Academy Associates—Washington Chapter. In 2021, Fred was named a Gold Globee® winner in the Executive of the Year, automotive, transportation, storage and logistics category of the 6th Annual 2021 American Best in Business Awards. Fred was also named one of FleetOwner’s Top Trucking Influencers in 2021. He is s the Chair of the 2022 American Trucking Association Law Enforcement Advisory Board.
He’s also a member of many other committees, such as:
- American Trucking Association (ATA) Safety Policy Committee
- American Trucking Association (ATA) Technology and Engineering Policy Committee
- Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP) Core Content Committee
- Truck Renting and Leasing Association (TRALA) Government Relations Committee
- Truck Renting and Leasing Association (TRALA) Equipment & Technology Advisory Council
- American Bus Association (ABA) School Bus Council
Fred Fakkema earned his Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Washington.